CKS Packaging acknowledges the possible effects to the environment that businesses in our industry can have. In order to minimize waste we capture and recycle excess resin at our manufacturing plants. We are also utilizing recycled plastics in our packaging when feasible.
We are committed to keeping our impact as low as possible.
CKS Packaging is continuing to create innovative approaches to packaging including PCR and educating ourselves on Bio-Based resins and Biodegradable materials. This reduces our waste in landfills and uses renewable sources creating environmentally friendly packaging. Our offices are striving to use earth friendly items and recycling when we can. In addition, we are in the process of integrating a new electronic system to reduce the energy and waste of printed materials.
Additional measures that we are taking to reduce our carbon footprint include:
- Purchasing several hundred thousand pounds of Post Consumer Regrind (PCR) each year and making containers out of it
- Maintaining three on-site operations that reduce fuel emissions from use of tractors and puts our product in the customers’ locations
- Moving stock molds and customer molds closer to our customers to cut down on emissions and lower shipping fuel costs
- Upgrading electric motors and upgrading warehouse lighting to increase energy efficiency
- Rebuilding old equipment instead of scrapping and sending it to landfills
Our environmentally-friendly practices yielded some amazing results in 2012, including:
- 75,650 trees saved
- 17,800,000 kwh of power saved
- 14,685 cubic yards of landfill saved
- 31,150,000 gallons of water saved
Our Social and Environmental commitments are to conserve resources when possible to ensure the availability of them for the future and to give back to our community and communities of our customers. Our employees are provided with the resources to uphold these policies and are excited about the evolution of CKS Packaging’s position in these areas.
Please visit the website of our sustainable partner company, Pratt Industries.